Sunday, September 20, 2015

Breakfast with Sue

My sister needs help, she's confined to her thoughts
She fails to see kindness wherever it's brought
Alone in her thinking, with only her view
How do I reach her, what's a little sister to do

We meet at the restaurant engage in conversation
But it soon takes a turn sparking her aggravation
I said something to which she does not agree
She stares intently just glaring at me

More coffee, more water, no thank you we're done
What was I thinking my sister lacks fun
Check please and hurry, just so much to do
This was my breakfast with my sister Sue

She'd rather be right no matter the cost
But I'm grown too, she's no longer my boss
I'll check with her later, see if she's free
I long for the closeness of my sister and me





No comments:

Post a Comment

Right Where We Are

 A murder of crows A bouquet of toes A gaggle of geese A mouth full of teeth A herd of cows An eye full of wows A star in the night A wish w...