Monday, March 5, 2018

Hearts (are meant to be broken)

A broken heart is really a right of passage. A badge of grief. If we live long enough we will all experience a heartbreaking loss. Even in grade school a classmate moves away and we are broken. We can attempt to harden our heart but it will break just the same under the right conditions. We suffer a loss. Suffer! But for me, I am going to embrace my broken heart. The cracks make it expand to let more love inside. So yes, <3 's are meant to be broken and that is the best good bad I can think of. Love is kind (and hurts sometime).


Ashes to ashes
Dust to dust
A heart unbroken
Is covered with rust

Whether dream or lie
There go I
Be broken or not
My heart will not rot

It seeks and searches
Pain reverses
It strikes it flails
In darkness it wails

Rust it won't be
The color of me
Loving out loud
Alone in a crowd


No comments:

Post a Comment

Right Where We Are

 A murder of crows A bouquet of toes A gaggle of geese A mouth full of teeth A herd of cows An eye full of wows A star in the night A wish w...