Friday, June 13, 2014

This bit of light divine, I'm going to notice shine

Here's the good news love story.

Friday night is date night for 1203, me and our BFF couple but tonight we were just us two. So I picked where we would go for dinner and we went for fish. We found ourselves a table and began to enjoy our choices. Soon an elderly couple made their way to a table in my direct eye sight. I watched as they quietly arranged their dishes, held hands and gave thanks for their food. I was just filled with joy to witness this quiet, unassuming couple. They were so soft spoken I never heard a spoken word from either. I was in fact so inextricably drawn to them I told 1203 that they were shiny people and they had a loving aura and I just felt compelled, no, I had to bless them in some way for shining the love light of hope and faith to let them know I noticed their love of God and for one another. I asked 1203 if they had gift cards there and go, please, ask. Praise God they did or I would have had to hug them or something I just know it! So 1203 gets up and after a bit he comes back to the table and says "I did my part, now it is your turn". I was so emotional speaking to our waiter I know I didn't give the best directions that he should take the gift card and give it to them and let them know how I was imprinted in just the short time they had been seated. He didn't go directly to their table so as not to blow our cover but as I glanced back at this incredible couple I could see the lady glow even brighter and after the waiter left, this gracious couple held hands again in prayer. God is good and those that practice God's word by living it are some incredible folks. I hope you keep your heart open and watch for good people doing good work and when you are able do good work of your own. Do not hesitate to let them know they should continue on the path they are walking. 


We walk in the light of God's word; therefore, we are lights to the world.


Jesus tells us that we are light of the world, like a city on a hill that can't be hidden. Therefore He commands us to let our lights "shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven" (Matt. 5:14-16)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Right Where We Are

 A murder of crows A bouquet of toes A gaggle of geese A mouth full of teeth A herd of cows An eye full of wows A star in the night A wish w...