Sunday, September 29, 2013

Against the affordable care act? Blame on you!

Back thirty something years ago somewhere before our second wedding anniversary . . . I was unemployed and my husband was working ~ we had no health insurance. Both of us in our early twenties.


I was standing in front of the bathroom mirror brushing my teeth when suddenly I had what I thought was an "accident". On closer look I noticed it had a bloody appearance. That was not quite right and so as most young girls do, I called my Mother. My Mother worked at the hospital and after some discussion she thought perhaps I was pregnant and I should go to the Doctor.

Turns out Mother was right. I was pregnant and what I had experienced earlier, my water broke. I wasn't far enough along to show and it was not going well. It wasn't long I started having cramps and the Doctor instructed that we should go to the hospital. I tearfully resisted. We had no health insurance. A few hours later the pain was even more intense so we hesitantly packed a bag and set off for the hospital. I was in total bed rest. My husband and I clung to each other scared and excited. I had a spontaneous abortion and required a D and C (Dilation and Curettage). We were heartbroken.

Through our tears we had to deal with our hospital bill as I was released. I don't know if my mother being an employee was a factor or not but we went home with broken hearts and monthly payments for a baby we would never know. Can you imagine making monthly payments on a loss such as ours? Every month we were reminded the pregnancy did not result in a bundle of joy, just a monthly payment plan for our loss.

Now many in our ever increasing dysfunctional government are willing and even proud to hurt ALL of us because they are against President Obama and therefore the affordable care act. It is disgusting to me that the lies just roll off their tongues and they mislead and misrepresent rather than speak truthfully. Debate, decide and tweak to make our government work better. Shutting down the government does not solve anything it merely exacerbates and magnifies our divisiveness and spotlights to the world that we, Americans, we, the super power in the land of the free and the home of the brave that encourage your country to become democratic, we can no longer make our politics work for the betterment of the majority or minority. We are powerless to save ourselves from the lack of cooperation, stagnation and willingness to do anything or nothing to obstruct everything.

Encouraging young people not to sign up for health care before it even goes into effect is not in their best interest or yours. Going to the ER for primary care is not proper health care management and all of us pay for that. Preventive care is what you want for yourself so why would you deny others? Maybe even a young couple unaware of their pregnancy.

Blame on you if you are among those that perpetuate the disingenuous outrage and lies. Only in America can everyone having health care be the worst thing ever. Let's stop pointing fingers of blame, stand up for truth and get this country moving forward!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Right Where We Are

 A murder of crows A bouquet of toes A gaggle of geese A mouth full of teeth A herd of cows An eye full of wows A star in the night A wish w...