Sunday, December 11, 2016

Poster please

A long, long time ago (April of 2016) we went on a road trip to see my granddaughter in a figure skating competition. The road trip included me (Doodle Bug the Aunt or ant), my hubby Mark, his niece Summer, her daughter Autumn (AKA Jelly Bean) and my BFF, Marilyn. We had some "slug bug" shenanigans and in general the conversation moved at about 35 LPH (laughs per hour). I had an idea to take the highlights of conversations that day and make it into a poster or book. After some conversation on the down low her Mother suggested Autumn needed art for her walls.


The first concept


Had to "tool up" for the occasion.

Do not be afraid of a blank piece of paper. 

Just start somewhere and make changes as you go. 

That's me with the pencil. You know, the Ant. 
:)


I take whatever time I need. No need to rush.


Step back and enjoy the progress made so far.

A closer look and slug bug!
On the road trip, Autumn started calling me doodle bug and I called her jelly bean.


Started to come together.

Added "secret messages" that glow in the dark on the white frame.





Let the watercolors relax for a few days then framed it up.

Invited Autumn and her Mom over for some root beer and . . .
It was a great day.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Right Where We Are

 A murder of crows A bouquet of toes A gaggle of geese A mouth full of teeth A herd of cows An eye full of wows A star in the night A wish w...